Thursday, March 15, 2012

A New (Stolen) Idea

I'm going to try and make this quick and to the point.

We follow Dave Ramsey's plan for money/budgeting.  While perusing his website one day I ran across eMeals.  Which is essentially a company you pay a small monthly fee to and they send you a grocery list every week with recipes for the week for dinners.  The base the meals on a local store to you and what is on sale that week. Great idea right?!  I think its quite ingenious.  Not something we do, but still ingenious.  They even have diet specific plans like “Glutten Free”, “Vegitarian”, or “Low Carb” (tons more too) The average cost is around $80-$90 a week for 3-6 people and they also have a 2 person meal plan for small families that is cheaper of course per week. Depending on the store you pick (for example if you chose to shop at Walmart it may be even cheaper) your weekly costs could be even lower.  That is a little to much for what we can afford at the moment, but that may be good alternative for your family.

Anyway, after my last post where I included the hot dog sale as my inspiration for the meal I chose I figured I’m going to try to stay on that theme.  I will try to only post meal ideas based on grocery store sales.  I’ll try to mix up what stores I use, but honestly I’ve noticed a lot of the stores put items on sale at the same time.  So today you do not get a meal idea, sorry.  I have a few posts ready to go as soon as a good sale comes along.  I will get a meal for you soon, but I wanted to let you in on my small change of plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment